SCA is a global hygiene and forest company that develops and produces personal care products, tissue, publication papers and solid-wood products. SCA is one of the world’s largest providers of Away From Home professional hygiene solutions.
One of the world’s most sustainable companies – environmentally, socially, financially, our leading performance is recognised by many external monitoring organisations, including :
Sustainability is an integral part of SCA’s operations and the company’s strategy for growth and value creation. SCA is in the business of creating value for people and nature – value that benefits our customers and consumers, employees and shareholders, as well as the environment and the communities we serve. Care and respect for people and nature is absolutely central to SCA’s way of working. This guides our ambitions and the demanding targets we set ourselves.
We deliver sustainable solutions with added value for our customers based on safe, resource-efficient and environmentally sound sourcing, production and development.
We combat climate change and minimise our impact on the environment through a combination of new innovations and technologies, efficiency gains, consumer initiatives and carbon sequestering in our forests.
We care for the forests with all of their biodiversity and we are committed to managing and utilising them responsibly. We aim to maximise the benefits our forests have on our eco-system, climate, customers and society, through a combination of innovation, efficiency gains and wide long-term management.
- SCA takes a 360-degree approach to managing its climate change impacts and has set targets to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, triple the use of forest-based biofuels and increase investments in wind power.
- SCA’s wood sourcing policy is to source wood only from non-controversial sources. SCA used a global supplier standard to verify suppliers’ performance.
- As Europe’s largest private forest owner, SCA takes its dual role as business leader and guardian on an important natural resource seriously. All its forests are certified in accordance with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standard.
- Water is a priority for SCA because pulp and paper mills use large volumes. SCA has set new targets for reducing water usage in water-stressed areas, and for ensuring that only high quality, treated water leaves the mills.
- SCA has deep knowledge and keen awareness of the importance of handling chemicals carefully. Product safety is vital when working with packaging and tissue used in the food industry and hygiene products that come into close contact with skin.
- We collect and recover used papers and transform them into new products. We are the world’s most effective collector of waste paper for reuse and recycling.
We build our position as one of the most trusted companies in the world, delivering sustainable growth and value for our stakeholders.
We improve hygiene standards worldwide with our hygiene solutions. For the millions of existing users of our products and services, and for the billions of people in emerging markets, we develop innovative solutions that make it easier for them to live healthy, sustainable lives.
We support women’s empowerment and their freedom to participate fully in society – socially, educationally and professionally – across the world by giving them access to and education about hygiene solutions.
SCA has published specific, measurable, time-limited sustainability targets that represent milestones on the road to achieving these ambitions.
SCA has been using lifecycle thinking and Life Cycle Assessment since the early 90’s to monitor the environmental impact of products from their beginnings in nature to the end of life and at every point in the cycle between. We will deliver better, safe and environmentally sound solutions to our customers. We strive to continuously improve resource efficiency and environmental performance, considering the whole lifecycle for new innovations.
Within our Away-From-Home business we strive to meet customers’ needs effectively, improving resource efficiency without compromising on product quality. We have developed many dispensing solutions that reduce consumption and waste, by helping users take only the amount needed for the task. These provide good value as well as reducing overall environmental impact. More than 100 products have been awarded an environmental certification or eco-label from Nordic Ecolabel, EU Ecolabel, Der Blaue Engel or FSC (Forest Stewardship Council.)
When you buy products from SCA, you are partnering with a leader in sustainability. Our sustainability experience and expertise will help contribute to your own sustainability credentials.
SCA is a global hygiene and forest company that develops and produces personal care products, tissue, publication papers and solid-wood products. Sales are conducted in some 100 countries. SCA has many well-known brands, including the global brands TENA and Tork. Sales in 2011 amounted to SEK 106 billion (EUR 11.7 billion). SCA has approximately 37,000 employees.
More information at www.sca.com